Friday, February 23, 2018

Quote of the Day

Usually when I meet people who are frustrated and angry, my instinctive response is to to talk about how we can fix things.  That's why I spent so much time and energy coming up with new policies to create jobs and raise wages.  But in 2016 a lot of people didn't really want to hear about plans and policies.  They wanted a candidate to be as angry as they were, and they wanted someone to blame.  For too many, it was primarily a resentment election.  That didn't come naturally to me.  I get angry about injustice and inequality, abuse of power, lying, and bullying.  But I've always thought it's better for leaders to offer solutions instead of just more anger.  That's certainly what I want from my leaders.  Unfortunately, when the resentment level is through the roof your answers many never get a hearing from the people you want to help most.

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton, What Happened, p. 271-272

No comments: