- Child rearing practices that emphasize rigid conformity and unquestioning obedience to the beliefs of the parents.
- Over-emphasis on conformity and an intolerance of diversity in society at large.
- Grandiose ideology -- self-righteousness of one's beliefs as superior over others.
- Tendencies towards paranoia (i.e., censorship of opposing opinions).
- An inability to engage in a rational dialogue that acknowledges the rights of others.
- Over simplistic thinking: all or nothing, black or white thinking.
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Quote of the Day
The following dynamics are universally shared by groups of people developing severe narcissistic tendencies. These tendencies in turn foster an attitude of righteous justification for the destructive and domineering behaviors towards other groups or nations.