Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Quote of the Day

I have been conditioned to mistrust and dislike strong, confident, happy girls and women.  We all have.  Studies prove that the more powerful, successful, and happy a man becomes, the more people trust and like him.  But the more powerful and happy a woman becomes, the less people like and trust her.  So we proclaim: Women are entitled to take their rightful place!  Then, when a woman does take her rightful place, our first reaction is: She's so...entitled.  We become people who say of confident women, "I don't know, I can't explain it --- it's just something about her.  I just don't like her.  I can't put my finger on why."  I can put my finger on why: It's because our training is kicking in through our subconscious.

-- Glennon Doyle, Untamed, p. 285

No comments: