Saturday, December 19, 2015

Quote of the Day

Even now, after decades in this business, I still have moments where I am trying to fit in as an actress in Hollywood, as if I were somehow an imposter.  For so long, I looked for acceptance from everyone from my dad to the people in this town.  What I have slowly come to realize, and often still have to remind myself of, is this: There is no "right" way to be.  I am flawed and imperfect, but am uniquely me.  I don't fit in and probably never will.  And I don't have to try to anymore.  That other person was a lie.  And let's face it, normal is boring.  We all have something to offer the world in some way, but by not being our authentic selves, we are robbing the world of something different, something special.

-- Leah Remini with Rebecca Paley, Troublemaker, p. 170

No comments: