Saturday, March 24, 2018

Quote of the Day

The realization that I may have only a few good years remaining has hit me with real force, and I have done a lot of thinking as a result.  I would like to have come up with something profound, but I haven't.  I try to figure out what I really want to do every day, I try to say to myself, If this is one of the last days of my life, am I doing exactly what I want to be doing?  I aim low.  My idea of a perfect day is a frozen custard at Shake Shack and a walk in the park.  (Followed by a Lactaid.)  My idea of a perfect night is a good play and dinner at Orso.  (But no garlic, or I won't be able to sleep.)  The other day I found a bakery that bakes my favorite childhood cake, and it was everything I remembered; it made my week.

-- Nora Ephron, I Remember Nothing, p. 129

No comments: