Thursday, March 29, 2018

Quote of the Day

In June 2017, Jim Clapper was asked how the Russia scandal compared with Watergate.  "I lived through Watergate.  I was on active duty then in the Air Force.  I was a young officer.  It was a scary time," he replied.  "I have to say, though, I think when you compare the two, Watergate pales, really, in my view, compared to what we're confronting now."  I also lived through Watergate.  I was a young attorney working for the House Judiciary Committee's impeachment inquiry into Richard Nixon.  I listened to the tapes.  I dug into all the evidence of Nixon's crimes.  And I agree with Jim Clapper.  What we are facing now -- an attack on our democracy by our principal foreign adversary, potentially aided and abetted by the President's own team -- is much more serious.

-- Hillary Rodham Clinton, What Happened, p. 375

No comments: