Sunday, June 5, 2022

Quote of the Day

I have learned a lot about livin' in my time on this earth, and the more I think I know, the less I can comprehend.  But this I know for sure -- when one's intention is shifted from the egoic state of man to the intention of service, all the rest will work itself out.  Oprah Winfrey, Dr. Maya Angelou, and Iyanla Vanzant told me that!  Over twenty years ago, when I heard these ladies speaking on the power of this radical truth, I peered at myself in the mirror and asked, "How can I truly be of service in an industry and, quite frankly, an entire planet that is inherently narcissistic?"  In a moment it hit me like a ton of bricks: Your service is leaning into your truth, your queerness, your authenticity. 

-- Billy Porter, Unprotected, p. 274

No comments: