Friday, June 3, 2022

Quote of the Day

Who we are and how we live is still a bit of a mystery to many.  They don't see it, so they fear it ... I don't even have the words to describe how it feels.  What it feels like to be loved.  To have support for your love.  To receive it like never before.  I've never felt it.  I didn't know this is what it's like.  I'm trying not to be mad that "they" got to withhold it from us for so long.  And for what...?  'Cause The Bible told them so.  The Bible gave them permission to hate.  To treat another group as less than.  I hate hate.  I really do.  And it takes everything within me not to hate these people in return.  But LOVE has to win.  We have to be the change we want to see.  We MUST.  And now I get to do that with my soul mate.  The love of my life like no other I've ever experienced.  The Porter-Smiths are getting ready to change the world!

-- Billy Porter, Unprotected, p. 249

No comments: