Thursday, June 2, 2022

Quote of the Day

We got our marriage license yesterday.  That was an emotional experience I wasn't anticipating.  It hearkens back to that idea that all this time we've lived with the painful reality that our love didn't matter.  That our love was somehow less than theirs.  That their straightness made their love superior to ours, and I believed them.  I didn't know I was believing them, but my actions in past relationships reflected just that.  Lack of belief in it.  Nothing and no one around to support it.  I tried to be strong and act like this was not the case, but what else could it be?  My heart has been cracked open in a way I've never seen or ever felt.  It's a beautiful feeling and I don't ever want it to go away.  For the first time in my life, I feel safe.

-- Billy Porter, Unprotected, p. 248

No comments: