Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Quote of the Day

Once I was a little girl who was sunny, funny and charming.  My name meant "worthy of love," but the world made me feel anything but.  The light nearly went out of my life from hopelessness.  I came back from that, but I spent years keeping that light dim, just wanting to fit in and be accepted.  I wanted to be worthy of love, and I thought being like everyone else was the key.  Thankfully, life didn't let me keep believing that.  As it turns out, loving my family fiercely and unconditionally is what gives me the love I was craving.  Fighting for the rights of families like mine is one of the ways I've learned to love myself.  It's helped me let go of my past and heal by using what I've learned through trial and trauma ... My life reflects exactly who I am: unconventional.  And now I get to use what I've learned to help other people who are unconventional in their own ways.  It's the very best sort of life.

-- Amanda Jetté Knox, Love Lives Here, p. 266

No comments: