Friday, November 16, 2018

Quote of the Day

The fog in my brain had finally completely lifted.  I finally understood, completely and without a doubt, that my so-called religion was a cult.  For the first time in years, emotions I had been taught to ignore spilled over.  Sometimes I felt like a fool for having been so blind, and for so long.  I was furious over the church's betrayal -- of me and so many other believers -- and fearful of what lay ahead.  I was overwhelmed by remorse about people I had hurt along the way because of my twisted religious beliefs.  Sometimes my regrets hung over me like a storm cloud and I couldn't see the light that another day could bring, but then I would remind myself that I was a victim, like so many others, of a calculated scam called Scientology.

-- Michelle LeClair, Perfectly Clear, p. 252

No comments: