Thursday, May 26, 2022

Quote of the Day

... good people are dying for no reason.  People I know, people who are my friends, people who live by the principles of Christ more than any of y'all up in this sanctuary.  And all y'all holy Christians stood by and did nothing about the shit I endured at the hands and...cock of my stepfather, for five years, and none of y'all did nuthin', none of y'all saw nuthin'?  Nobody sensed that anything was wrong with a twelve-year-old riddled with stomach ulcers?  Nobody thought to pry, to ask me why?  Nobody thought it strange that I had nodules on my vocal cords at thirteen and couldn't sing for six months, couldn't speak for the first three?  Nobody?  'Cause the Holy Ghost is gonna fix it?  And I'm the sinner?  Pastor up here having a Saturday afternoon delight in his back study with my mother's best friend, and when they get caught, Pastor literally with his pants down, she has to apologize in shame in front of the entire congregation while he sits on his pulpit-throne with no accountability or consequences required or applied.  I see y'all.  I see alla y'all.

-- Billy Porter, Unprotected, p. 103

No comments: